Events Marketing ManagerToledo Blade
EVENTS MARKETING MANAGER
The Blade, a Pulitzer-prize winning newspaper, and Toledo’s #1 news and information source that combines digital and print platforms, is looking for an Events Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Department. The Blade, toledoblade.com, Blade NewsSlide, and eBlade, reach more than 300,000 people weekly.
The Events Marketing Manager is responsible for the successful execution and management of Blade events, including securing event sponsors. The Event Marketing Manager will seek out new alliances in the community for possible event partnerships and sponsorship opportunities, and is responsible for the following functions:
* Create event plans for all existing and new individual Blade events throughout the year, including the Blade Holiday Parade, Top Workplaces, the Jefferson Awards, Prime Living Expo, and Innovations & Excellence Awards to name a few.
* Collaborate with other members of the Marketing & Creative Services team to create promotional and informational content such as email blasts, displays, posters, flyers and advertisements, for digital, print and broadcast.
* Oversee event logistics, including venue selection and coordination of food and technical needs.
* Assist with volunteer selection, communication and coordination for all events The Blade is involved in.
* Propose, arrange and manage partnerships with other businesses and organizations.
* Host or arrange hosts and guests for Blade-sponsored activites.
* Creation and maintenance of budgets for each event.
* Works closely with the Sales team on locating new sponsors and partners for Blade events, or other community events.
* Sets appointments with key community leaders and businesses to seek out or maintain partnerships.
The successful candidate will possess the following
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or equivalent
demonstrated work experience.
* At least 3 years of event planning experience is preferred.
* Strong knowledge of digital platforms.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Excel,
Word and Outlook.
* Strong project management and leadership experience.
* Strong executive presence and experience inferfacing with
* Must be self-motived, articulate, and possess excellent verbal and
written communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
We are an EEO employer, with competitive salaries and benefits.
Respond in confidence to HR@toledoblade.com
or fax to 419-724-6080.
No phone calls please.