Township AdministratorTRUSTEES SYLVANIA TOWNSHIP
Sylvania Township is seeking candidates for the position of Township Administrator. Located in Lucas County Ohio, Sylvania Township (including the City of Sylvania) has a population of approximately 48,000 and covers 21 square miles. Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, the Administrator manages the administration of Sylvania Township's government, as prescribed by Ohio Revised Code 505.032. The Administrator is responsible for the business management of all Township Departments, including Fire, Police, Road, Zoning and Administration, which collectively employ approximately 160 personnel. The Administrator works in conjunction with the Fiscal Officer and Accounting Supervisor in managing an annual budget of approximately 30 million. The Administrator is responsible for providing strong, decisive leadership in order to effectively accomplish Sylvania Township's mission.
- Acts as Chief Operating Officer for all township department operations, including supervision of all department heads. Conducts regular staff meetings with department heads.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs the implementation of the Township's goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Assists in the administration, enforcement and execution of the policies and resolutions of the Board of Trustees.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the affairs of the Township's departments under the control and jurisdiction of the Board of Trustees.
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Trustees (regular and special) as required and prepares the Agendas and Resolutions.
- Recommends measures for adoption to the Board of Trustees.
- Prepares and submits to the Board of Trustees reports as are required by the Board of Trustees, or as the Administrator considers advisable.
- Keeps the Board of Trustees fully advised on the financial conditions of the Township, by coordinating, preparing and submitting an annual budget for the next fiscal year in conjunction with the Accounting Supervisor.
- Provides research and subject matter expertise to the Board of Trustees and to the Township department heads.
- Manages all matters related to labor relations, including the contract negotiations, contract interpretations, and processing of grievances. Maintains compliance and reporting with governmental agencies.
- Confers with residents, taxpayers, businesses and other individuals or groups and outside agencies having an interest, or potential interest in Township-related affairs.
- Represents the Township at a variety of meetings and public functions and serves on various local Boards.
- Seeks, identifies and coordinates applications for Township funding opportunities (grants).
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or closely related field, with at least five (5) years managerial experience in private sector service or government sector organization.
- Preferred qualifications include a Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent experience in budget/financial management, economic development, zoning, land use, and community development.
- Experience with labor relations and county/state government.
- Solid computer skills.
Sylvania Township offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sylvania Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.