Tool and Die MakersUNIVERSAL METAL PRODUCTS INC. HS DIV
Universal Metal Products specializes in custom metal forming, serving customers globally in the Appliance, Transportation and Industrial markets for over 60 years. We are strategically located in three US locations with over 100 forming machines. We provide tooling design, value-added assembly, heat treat and finishing operations. Our customers include General Electric, Electrolux and Whirlpool in the appliance manufacturing sector. We also engineer and manufacture components for GM, Ford, FCA, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, VW, Daimler, Tesla and Hyundai.
Our success is a result of our diverse, talented and hard-working teams. We’re committed to teamwork, training and development, continuous improvement and the safety and well-being of our people.
We have an immediate need for experienced Tool & Die Makers in our Pemberville, Ohio location.
- Build/repair all types, sizes and shapes of jigs, fixtures, tools and dies.
- Assemble and try out complex tools and dies on manufacturing equipment.
- Plan and perform bench and machine operations.
- Sets up, runs off, and tests dies to produce a product to spec, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting them.
- May assist in the training/mentoring of apprentices.
- May work with tool designers providing input to manufacturing capability on newly formed parts.
- Experience with prog dies in a metal stamping environment (at least 3-5 years)
- Must have documented, formal apprenticeship completion or equivalent outside work experience.
- Strong math and mechanical aptitude.
- Requires a high degree of precision and control in work
- High degree of attention and care required.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints, schematics, etc.
Job Type: Full-time