Charge NurseWOOD COUNTY HOSPITAL
Wood County Hospital is now accepting applications for a Charge Nurse in our Emergency department. The ED Charge Nurse provides personal care and professional excellence with the systematic use of the nursing process in providing/directing care. In addition, the charge nurse works with the nurse manager to provide day today clinical operation of the Emergency Department and assists with management duties as directed by the nurse manager.
- Plans care with other disciplines as appropriate.
- Involves patient/family/significant others in planning care and takes into consideration the individual’s uniqueness, existing knowledge, skills, behaviors and affect on ability to benefit from the plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of resuscitation and the ability to direct a “Code Blue” until the arrival of the physician. Maintains ACLS certification to maintain knowledge of resuscitation.
- Demonstrates ability to care for adolescent, adult and geriatric age patients.
- Participates in the evaluation of new products, procedures and equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for daily routine clinical operation of units meeting appropriate standards of care.